SP/LP VCR anomaly?

Recording at LP speed and replaying leads to a failure of lip sync. What to look for if indeed a fault ?

N_Cook

Linear or FM track?

--

*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

on

i have had this. Linear audio LP tapes. usually happens when tape is played on some other machine. assume it has something to do with the audio head's position on the tape path??

B.

on

Its on a Sharp VC MH711 and only that m/c. If I cannot find whether normal or a fault I don't think I'll touch it, as loss of sync seems to be quite common these days watching off-air anyway. Whether from comp/de-comp, different sound/picture pathways or whatever I've no idea. Its of such short timing (the VDR version) that I cannot tell whether the sound leads or lags the pic .

N_Cook

If it's that short, may just be that the AS head is slightly misaligned.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Is the audio being played back thru an amp with digital processing?

Reply to
Deke