South Africa and "smart" politics.

Imagine, importing second hand is now mostly illegal, however, with a bit push you still can get import permits, but you pay quite a lot of taxes on what you import. Main reason is the so called unsafe second hand market. Importing new goods is free of taxes, local production is taxed 14%. Naturally, the market is flooded with inferior quality parts for cars, electronics, cheap radios, tv's that tend to blow up in a month... (or even catch fire as i have seen a few times by now). Loads of those articles don't even work on arrival or break very quick. I don't know who decided that but i do see what goes to the landfill. In the interest of safety? Wonder which asian with a factory works for the gouvernment. Are we on a brain drain or what?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets