great talk about politics and silicon valley and bubbles

Some serious reality.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Wasn't this the libertarian who fought a decade-long blood feud against Gawker, Inc. over this article:

"I remain committed to the faith of my teenage years: to authentic human freedom as a precondition for the highest good. I stand against confiscatory taxes, totalitarian collectives, _and the ideology of the inevitability of the death of every individual._ For all these reasons, I still call myself 'libertarian.'"

Um, okay.

Reply to
bitrex

The trouble with people like Trump and Thiel is that they seem oblivious to how transparent it is for most "normal" people to notice the utter contempt they hold for the great majority of humanity.

The mental split they have between "the enlightened Us" and "the stupid cattle Masses" is so painfully repugnant to anyone with an ounce of humility that one can only assume that the folks who claim to admire them must feel approximately the same way.

Reply to
bitrex

Seems reasonable. There's still no way I could vote for Trump...

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

[snip]

I thought up-state New Yorker's were supposed to be smart ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Whether you like his personality doesn't matter. This is too important. On factual issues, he's been mostly right.

The thing that's really interesting, in the Wikileaks emails, is that Hillary presides over a chaotic, back-sabbing, cynical, greed-driven mess of a political/financial organization. Criminal, in some cases. Imaging that management style in the White House.

The President should be a good manager with principles. Several good ones got away.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I hope Mike Pence is up to the job.

Reply to
bitrex

Yeah, he looks and sounds good. Maybe Trump will win, lose interest, and resign.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Amazing! Any you still support Hillary.

Reply to
krw

Well that's only on average. :^) Most of my friends and neighbors will vote for Trump. I'm just not as smart.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Most are Republicans, not that republicans aren't smart. Upstate is weird, a lot of them seem angry. Like entitled democrats.

Martin Riddle

lesson learned; when you business stepping on peoples privacy with garbage Click-Bait 'Journalism' make sure none of them have enough "f*ck you money" to get even

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I did some chip cell design for Synaptics, Rochester, December 2011 thru February 2012. The area seemed to be significantly economically depressed. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

John, I'm sorry I responded. I mostly want the sh!t storm to be over. (Trumps like a bad addiction.. at least to me.) I can totally understand anyone hating Hillary, at this point she's the main stream candidate, a typical politician. There's plenty I disagree with. In general, I think her heart is in the right place. But again that is just me. I hope to not say much more... politics-wise. Except that I'd like more civility in politics, less silly name calling, making the opposition evil leads to no compromise. I don't find my Trump supporting friends near home or on SED evil. (I really like all you on SED! (just making sure you understand that.)) (I do wish that Mitt or John was running this year..)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Grin.. not that "weird" is always bad. But I think angry is the right word. Like me, most people around here are angry with Washington dysfunction, some blame the R's other the D's (Obama)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yeah I think that's right. There are good local colleges.. but then a brain drain, when there are no jobs. :(

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

From the Catskills and up that seems to be the theme. There's some tourism, but most tourists don't like outhouses. Thats from what I remember ;D, it's improved somewhat.

Martin Riddle

Krw accessing the Trump-promoted image of Hillary Clinton. And there I was thinking that he couldn't absorb new information, as opposed to rarely bothering to go to the trouble.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

From an external point of view there is humor in watching you people going completely mental. And also curiosity as to how you can maintain your posi tion in the world with such internal disturbances. What seems to be happeni ng in the English speaking world is that you have people in an affluent mid dle class who have everything you can possible have. They cannot understand then why they are being denied their emotions regarding race, world view, and striking out at people they don't like. How dare anyone deny them that , they are not denied anything else. And then you have the victims of that affluent middle class whose pay and w orking condition deteriorate year after year until they are unable to suppo rt their families even though they are working full time in a developed cou ntry. Those people end up looking for revenge and no-matter-what change. It's weird to see those two groups working together as happened with Brexit . The US is close to something similar.

Reply to
sean.c4s.vn

They are smart enough to have different ideas from Arizona red-necks.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to