Sony XBR

Hi all,

I have a Sony XBR that is approximately 6 years old. When is has been off for several hours (overnight, during work hours etc) and I turn it on, it makes the normal hissing/buzzing noise like it is about to come on then immediately clicks and goes off without ever getting a picture. After it does this, I can hit power and it will immediately power on get and get a picture with no problem.

What could this be? Is is a sign of something more nortorious to come?

K.

Reply to
researchisgood

It's hard to say exactly what it is, but it's most likely something minor such as a bad solder connection, or bad capacitor. You should definitely get it looked at soon because there is a good chance it will lead to a more serious failure soon. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe