Sony XBR 36" tube has yellowish cast

I have a Sony XBR 36" HDTV that intermittently has a very yellow cast to the screen image. There is no consistency as to when the yellowish cast appears. The TV might have been on for an hour or more or within a few minutes of starting. Normal color can and does reappear without turning the set off. Recorded shows on the digital cable set that were normal when initially recorded have the yellow cast so I am comfortable it is not the cable box have problems.

Any thoughts....

Reply to
jcryan2

Sounds like you're losing blue, if it's intermittent I suspect a cracked solder joint on the neck board.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'm comfortable wandering around the inside of a PC, but don't venture inside the high voltage world very often. Which board is the neck board? Would that be the small board at the end of the CRT?

Thanks...

Reply to
jcryan2

A bit more info -- I think at this point I have lost the red. The image has blue where appropriate and lots of yellow and green. It's no longer intermittent, it stay the same all day today.

Reply to
jcryan2