Sony VCR SLV-E120

This VCR works fine for about 5-10 minutes, after a while it slows down it's capstan speed and continues to playback in a jerky mode with distorted sound and picture noisebars. All my supply voltages seems correct and Caps ESR on Powersupply are a OK. Lack of proper documentation prevents me from trouble shooting Capstan servo circuits. Is there anybody out there having experienced similar problem(s) and helping me out ?

TYIA

Reply to
Bram Stolk

I'm not sure how old this unit is, but Sony VCRs used to have problems with the capstan rotor warping and rubbing against copper windings underneath.

It produced a condition similar to what you're describing. We would just end up replacing the capstan motor assembly in those cases. Not much else you can do.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Thompson

TY Randy, I indeed have seen the warped PCB's holding the capstan motor stator coils causing to interfere with its rotor and being grinded.....but that was on older sony machines... My problem is definitely related to an electronic servo drive rather than mechanical... Thanks for your response anyway

"Randy Thomps>

Reply to
Bram Stolk