SONY TV switching on problem

I have a sony model No KV-27EXR20 ,I no longer am able to turn it on by remote control and when I try to start it manually it clicks back. This TV had this problem twice before and I took it to authorized sony service and they changed a small part,that I misplaced it therefore I don't know the Part No. I wounder if you could tell me what the part No is and what it is called so that I could order it, I am not ready to take the TV back for repair and pay $165.00 plus tax for the third time. I do thank you for your help in advance.

Reply to
mah

If you are not a technician, a TV- especially a Sony- and most especially this series - is no place to start.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

The problem is probably the power supply switching ic which has an inadequate heatsink area. I agree with Mark that if you aren't technically adept, I'd not attempt a repair. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

There are many different components which can cause that same symptom, and there's no guarantee the same part has failed. So even if you find the old part or your repair invoice, then replace this same part, the TV may not work. The TV must be troubleshot by a technician so the defective component(s) can be replaced.

Reply to
Mike S