sony tv static noise

I have Sony TV model KV-27V45 TV works fine except that I hear static noise through speakers.Even when TV in Video mode the noise still exist.The main board looks fine.Try to turn TV on in the dark place to check if its noise coming from HV cap on CRT.Did not see any sparks around cap.So I'm stock.If somebody has similar problem please help me.Thanks

Reply to
Max

Does the volume or tone of the static noise change when you change the tv's audio volume setting? I.e., with volume turned right down, does the static disappear? This detail might help someone in hazarding a guess at the source.

I was confronted with a TV that exhibited variable "frying" noise. I tracked it down to a crack in the ferrite case of the UHT transformer I think it was, and a spark was emerging from within the transformer and crackling across to some adjacent metal bracket. I wedged a piece of styrene foam in the gap to widen it as a temporary, i.e., long term :-) measure. Worked for me.

-- John Savage (my news address is not valid for email)

Reply to
John Savage

John,

This Sony model and so many others are 'riddled' with dry and broken solder joints caused by the continuous expansion and contraction of components and metal parts with changing temperatures. I would suspect an intermittent solder connection first.

Steve Balstone steve balstone

Reply to
steve.balstone

It doesnt change the noise when I put volume up or down.Its permanent noise even sometimes on picture you'll see some lines.Check the solder connection on the board.They all fine.

Reply to
Max