Kenwood STR-D611 part??? HelllPPP!

I have a Kenwood STR-D611 A/V receiver that I need either a: service manual, part #, part specs. It's diode D816 on board 1-647-564-13 (the AC distribution board right where the power cord comes in.)

The AC is ok to the board so it's not something as simple as the power cord (darn it) but there's nothing coming out to the transformer. The fuse is ok and there's nothing burned. I've narrowed it to D816 which is reading .230 each way on a diode checker.

Any help with this part appreciated. I've tried numerous places, including the Kenwood site, so my only chance is a shop or technician that has a manual.

Thanks

Keeter

Reply to
Salmo

Might help to check Sony instead, since it is a Sony model not a Kenwood.

Andrews electronics is a very helpful Sony distributor,

their number: 800-289-0300

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

I think you will find that receiver is not a valid Kenwood model. Surely it says Sony somewhere?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to
maarten

Don't know why I typed kenwood. Wish I knew how to make a sheepish smile! It certainly IS a SONY.

Keeter

Reply to
Salmo