sony KV2764EC E/W correction problem

Hello,

My sony TV KV2764EC has an E/W problem. The circuit is based on a TDA1082 and thyristor S6344G. I never came accross such a setup. The E/W corrections I know all use a transistor as end stage. I read that the TDA1082 can work in class A where the output is a parabola fed to an end transistor, or as class D where the output is pulse width modulated coupled to a FET and then filtered. According to the datasheet, TDA1082's pin 4, when used, produces a class D amp, but pin 4 is not used in the sony so it should be a class A. I have a real problem to understand how this e/w stage with thyristor really works. Can someone explain? Now practically, the E/W module resides on a printed circuit board. I replaced the TDA1082, checked all capacitors (also for ESR) on the board and all resistors and they measure OK. The 12V to the TDA1082 is also OK. The signals to the board were checked with a oscilloscope and compare to the drawings. I measured the thyristor and it also looks healty (no short between a/k and

100 ohm between g/k) .. but it was not replaced yet. Width cannot be adjusted and E/W just a tiny bit . If any ideas, thanks beforehand to share them with me. Marc
Reply to
Marc