Sony KV20TS30 CRT PIcture Death

I have a 20" Sony CRT TV Model KV20TS30 that is possibly about 16 years old. About 6 years ago it was the subject of a successful "Internet TV Repair" thanks to the experts in this usenet group and has been working beautifully these last 6 years.

Now the displaying of the picture has decided to die. The problem started as an intermittent one and then it died altogether. The best way I can describe the problem is that the power still comes on and the remote or the tv can display the channel number in green in the upper right corner of the screen - in fact, all these auxiliary functions that use green displays on the screen work just fine but the tv no longer tunes in a station (I'm using cable) and you get no sound or display. During the period of time when it was intermittent, you could turn the power on and off several times and usually cause it to come to life. Now you can't.

I'm hoping some of you same experts out there have a feel for what could be wrong!

TIA, Terry

Reply to
Terry_Hudgins