Sony kv-20fv12 tv doesn't power up. Thoughts?

I bought the unit 3 (I think it was 3) years ago only for the sake of watching videos when I ride my exercise bike. So the usage level is very low compared to most tvs, probably less than an hour a day on average. So I was very surprised when it failed to power up one day after apparently working flawlessly up til I turned it off the day before. (I've tried powering on with both the remote and regular switches, and tested to make sure it was plugged into a live, functioning outlet).

I live on the 3rd floor of an old building without an elevator, so I'm not looking forward to the idea of lugging it downstairs, squeezing it into my car, taking it to the shop, and then finding out that the repair would be more than I can afford.

--
Mairead
Reply to

Thankyou for telling us about your TV.

Reply to
kip

Maybe the internal fuse? It might have popped from a power surge,or something..

Of course,it's rarely that simple.

Reply to
PhattyMo

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:33:07 +0100, Mairead Has Frothed:

Try unplugging it for a few minutes.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow