Sony GDM20F03 Monitor Failure

Hi all,

Looking at this monitor and when power is applied, the green power led lights and then turns amber and flashes at 0.5 sec intervals. No HV crackle or static on screen, no heater glow, etc. I have used an iso-xformer to check some voltages and the B+ (180vdc) supply comes up and then slowly goes bleeds off. Any known common failures that I can check? No obvious burned components and all fusible resistors test ok.

Thanks for any info...

Kirk S.

P.S. I'm not feeling very confident with Sony products...

Reply to
Kirk S.

There are some known failures for this chassis (I believe you have a Sony GDM-20E03, not 'F'). Have sent you some info by e-mail - too lengthy to post here.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Wayne,

Thanks for the info... I believe it is an N-2 chassis instead of the N-1. I do have one of those that doesn't work either...

crackle

goes

burned

Reply to
Kirk S.

Just ignore me...

Kirk S.

Hi, i believe if chassis N-2.

check CXA1907S, generally its fails. Sorry my inglish is very bad

Verifique el CXA1907S, tuve fallas con este IC en estos Chassis tambien tuve otra en el mismo chassis, con un capacitor abiert C511

Fernando Lizarrag

Cordob Argentin

Reply to
aflizarraga

Kirk. Tambien verifica, el PS501, el cual es un fusible

Saludo

Fernand

Reply to
aflizarraga