Sony CCD-FX730v cassette loading problem

HI there, here it is christmas eve, trying to load a tape into our somewhat ancent video camera, and darn it if the tape will not load. The mechanism works completely perfectly when the tape is not in, but as soon as a tape is in the machine, the door closes, but the mechanism does not go down. No sounds or anything just will not drop down into the machine. Pushing the eject pops the door back open.

Any help?

For this Christmas, I will try to hook the camera to a VCR and record to VHS directly. Hopefully that will work.

thanks

Reply to
gillette.family

HI there, here it is christmas eve, trying to load a tape into our somewhat ancent video camera, and darn it if the tape will not load. The mechanism works completely perfectly when the tape is not in, but as soon as a tape is in the machine, the door closes, but the mechanism does not go down. No sounds or anything just will not drop down into the camera.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

thanks

Reply to
gillette.family

HI there, here it is christmas eve, trying to load a tape into our somewhat ancent video camera, and darn it if the tape will not load. The mechanism works completely perfectly when the tape is not in, but as soon as a tape is in the machine, the door closes, but the mechanism

does not go down. No sounds or anything just will not drop down into the camera. pushing the eject opens back up the door.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Reply to
gillette.family

(Dis)Organization:

of course!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

No easy fix, except to remember that Sony is a four letter word. DO NOT buy another Sony, EVER!

Reply to
Deke