camcorder not loading tape

Hello everybody, I have a problem with my Grundig camcorder LC 535 (8mm). It is impossible to load a cassette. When i press 'Eject', the tape room raises at half height, then I ear a sound of something rotating: I must force by hand to help the mechanism to raise completely, so the tape door can open. After inserting a cassette, and then closing the tape door, I ear the drum spinning very fast for about 10 sec. and then the cassette is rejected. As the repair by Grundig is not worth, I wonder if i am able to repair it. If I open the camcorder, could I resolve the problem? Thank you very much.

Reply to
Legolas

Maybe, but I doubt it. Camcorders are difficult to work on. Google for specific information, by the way.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Forcing it open may have damaged it more. It could be an electronic problem like a bad sensor, switch, or ribbon cable. Or it could be a mechanical problem like a stripped gear, broken lever, bad belt(s). Or any combination of those faults.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver