Sony camcorder switch on and imidiatly goes off!

Hello, I have an old camcorder, Sony Video 8 model CCD-TR45E. Most of the time, I use it as a camera, not as a recorder. Sinse some time, I have a strange effect. When the button is shifted to 'player', the tape can be played and can be seen in the viewfinder, no problem. When the burron is switched to 'camera', the view finder lights up and is imidiatly black. Nothing seems to work in this position. In the beginning (when this problem showed up), I shifted the button many times and after some time, it worked normal. What also worked was playing a tape for some time, then switch to camera and the camera worked. Now these 'solutions' do no longer work, I opened the camera and cleaned the contacts of the switch, without result. All sugestions are welcome, it would be a pitty to throw away this camera just because of some small (but major) defect. Thanks in advance, Chris.

Reply to
vdberghak

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Hi. Older cameras have the deflection system of the viewfinder based on high voltage principles, as the common CRT TVs. If the cameras don't shuts down completely after switching it on, but the tape can be recorded, the problem can be on viewfinder section: it switches off but the camera keep working. If it isn't, then the problem must be found elsewhere...

Reply to
Fulcro

Check the CRT-pcb. Check the High voltag-part (HV) (250V). Clean the pcb with alcohol. Check also between pcb and HV-part. Check the elko's for leakage. Remove if needed. Greetings

Reply to
electron

Hi, thanks for your reply, however, it seems that I did not clearly described the situation. The camera gives also no video output when it switched on in the camera position. In fact, nothing works if it is switched in the camera position. When switched to the player position, the view finder works normal, video output is present etc. The only problem is in case the camera is switched on: for a fraction of a secund you see light then it imidiatly switch off. Anyone a suggestion what to do? Thansk in advance, Chris.

Reply to
vdberghak