Sony 5 DVD compact home AV receiver model:HCD-C700 (DAV-C700)

Sony 5 DVD compact home AV receiver model:HCD-C700 (DAV-C700),year:March 2001.No DVD tray eject,display reads "open" but nothing happens.When I remove the cover and then the dvd cage cover the unit opens and closes properly but once I put the DVD cage cover back on it does not,it's driving me crazy anyone have any common repair tips for this high end unit? which the customer paid $1100 three years ago.Thanks in advance.

Sidney Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

SYMPTOMS

No Operation in DVD Mode or C-81 error is displayed.

CAUSE

Transistor Q002 malfunctions.

RESOLUTION

Replace Q002 with HOUSING (Q002) ASSY which consists of a higher capacity transistor (2SB1375), and socket. Also replace R011 (1K ohm) with a 470 ohm resistor.

New part number for the transistor is X-4954-896-1.

Resistor part number is 1-218-949-11.

The resistor is about the size of a flea speck. Better to just solder a 1 kOhm 1/8w resistor across R011.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

P.S.

These models are so unreliable, it is very possible you will work hard to get it running, then the customer will be back in a matter of weeks with a similar but different problem, and of course it will be your fault.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias