Sont GDM-W900 problems, please help!

Resently my W900 stopped working. It was just fine one night so i turned it off before bed. In the morning when i got up and turned it on, it no longer worked.

here is what happenes when i push the power button. The power LED momentarily lights up green, then imidiately both the power led and the poersaving leds begin to blink amber simultaniously. The monitor degausses and I can here the scrackling of static as the tube charges. I can here the relays inside swithcing, about 2-3 times before they stop. When they switch the final time, the power LED turns off leaving only powersaveing LED blinking. After than, nothing else happens.

Observations: From reading the Sony website, i leaned that holding down the contrast up button for 2 seconds after you turn the montior on will make the monitor go into a selftest mode and deiplay some color bars. I tried this, i got nothing, but from holding down the contrast up botton i must have made the contrast go to 100% and when i turn on the monitor, after the first click of the relays, there is a momentary flickering white display on the screen, most likely the raster coming up as the tube warms up just before it get shutdown.

i would really love to get this monitorworking again. I am skilled in electronics and very good with a soldering iron.

thanks, matt

Reply to
matt hare