soar multimeter 4040

Hello, Does anybody have the manual and the schematics of this multimeter. R20 is blown up and I do not know its value. With kind regards,

Reply to
Alpigo

Is it an analog meter? You may be able to experiment to find an acceptable value. Often the Rx1 resistor is the one to burn out - often in the 10 to 12 ohm range.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:58:01 +0100, Alpigo put finger to keyboard and composed:

If it is a range setting resistor, then try to determine the values of the resistors on the other ranges and then make an intelligent guess or calculation.

For example, a string of resistors in a potential divider may consist of 9M, 900K, 90K, 9K, 900R, 90R, 10R.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :

Thx for the answers. It is a digital 4 digit autoranging multimeter. I have replaced the resistor by a 4,7R and the multimeter now seems to give the right reading for the intensity 20-200 mA generated by a intensitygenerator and a second multimeter in serie with the defect one. So I will try to validate the value following your guess. With kind regards

Reply to
Alpigo