"Silicon Power Cube"

I need a "Silicon Power Cube" which I believe is just a couple of SCR's, potted, on a heat sink. Looks like this:

One side says 8506. The other has a sticker that says M4042. No manufacturer name but searching around I see similar items made by Reliance but I can't cross reference from the numbers I have. It's out of a light dimmer that is rated to handle up to 35A @ 120V. My application is only pulling about 10A so any similar device 15A and up would be fine. I know I can subsitute other SCR's but that means reworking the heat sink etc. and I'd rather replace it in kind.

BTW, I came across a RELIANCE 701819-9X which looks the same except for markings and has two extra spade connectors where my device has spaces for them. I don't know if that would work as I'm trying to find a spec sheet to find out what that actually is. I think some Reliance "Power Cubes" may be rectifiers.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

Steve, I think the Silicon Power Cube brand has become absorbed through a series of acquisitions and mergers into the Crydom brand. Your pictures show what looks like a dual SCR module. From your description of the application, I'll bet that the Crydom B551SE-2T or B561SE-2T (or equivalents) will work for you. The datasheet is at

Newark lists them as nonstocked items, but will drop-ship from the manufacturer.
Digikey lists them online at
?name=B551SE-2T-ND but shows no stock. Don't know if they will drop-ship. You'll have to ask.

Cheers!!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don\'t get what you want
Reply to
DaveM

Thanks; this is a great help. You're right; no one seems to stock them but I did find some with the lesser (but still sufficient) current rating but a higher voltage rating and ordered a couple. In the meantime my equipment dealer got back to me and they have'em (hopefully the exact one) so I'm getting one from them too. I don't mind having spares. Thank you again.

Reply to
Steve Kraus