Sharp 28JW-73H - Intermittent Flicker

Hi,

I'm trying to research a fault a friend's TV has. A picture paints a thousand words, so two shots follow this brief description.

Sharp 28JW-73H / 29JW73H (GA200 Chassis)

After the TV has been turned on for a few minutes a strong green and yellow flicker appears on all inputs.

The photo shows a bar, but in real-time, the bar is not visible, just a stomach churning flicker at high freq. There is no vertical rolling visible either.

I will be able to open up the TV in the next couple of days and check for obvious faults, and am capable of replacing them, however if anyone recognises the type of fault straight away I would be glad to glean some of your wisdom.

best,

Alasdair

Photos:

Alasdair Campbell

and while I'm on the subject, does any of the Scottish readers of this newsgroup recommend a repair man in / or near to Glasgow?

Reply to
Alasdair Campbell