Service manuals and schematics

Oh lol you want my phone number ? Anything else ? A music request perhaps ? LOL. The manuals are in PDF and transferred via Internet. You don't need my phone number. What you need is an Internet connection. I don't ask my local butcher for a phone number either. That's ... weird.

- service manuals and schematic diagram website

Reply to
swiwer

Go away, loser.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to

And that he has no customers.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

This isn't an advert. I have no commercial interests with the portal. Techies come here to share and help each other by fulfilling service manual requests for free. A rating attached to your nick increments everytime you share a useful service manual. Waiting for someone to respond to your requests could take from half a day to forever. It pays to be friendly here. The folks that run this portal sell manuals too , however they don't jeopardise the interests of people coming in and trying to get them for free. You need to register, log in, share a few , get some ranking and you're rolling. Just thought i'd let you'll know. Jango

Reply to
jango2

Why?

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

I am thinking about just unsubscribing from this group and several others. Most of the good techs have left here, and the other electronics groups are full of clueless America bashing idiots. A lot of newsgroups that used to be interesting are either dead, are now full of spam or have so many nym shifting trolls that they are useless. Its 'Always September' all over again. :(

BTW, I was at the VA Hospital early Tuesday morning, after driving up in that storm. I was going to stop by and say hello, but the weather was still bad to the south, and I didn't want to risk it. I barely made it home before it started in again.

Michael A. Terrell

You are unlikely to catch me in the shop. I no longer work there full time. I just do their field work and do work for a couple of other dealers and servicers as well.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Oh well! :) At least we met the one time. Are you keeping busy with enough work? A freind of mine in Lake County was telling me about the stuff going on at the shop he's working at, along with freelance broadcast engineering at some 5 KW AM radio stations in North Central Florida.

Take care. :)

Michael A. Terrell

That works until YOU need some help with something. Then, some of the newsgroup readers might remember that you just classified them as one of the not-so-good remaining techs. Work on the diplomacy angle. It eventually pays.

I have a different way of retaining my sanity. On some high traffic newsgroups, I only read comments by individuals that appear to have a clue. The others are ignored, unless I'm replying to a thread, where I have to read all the other comments before making a fool of myself. That's far more education and enlightening than slogging through every posting. I also have a filter that marks postings with one line replies (also known as IM style), none of which are worth reading.

My 2 cents on manual copies: If the original manufacturer is too lazy, busy, cheap, pre-occupied, or not concerned enough to offer economical copies of their own service manuals, anyone should be able to sell them. If they're available free elsewhere, that's the readers or buyers problem. If there are licensing issues (i.e. Heathkit), then let the courts figure it out. If one needs justification, consider that having repair manuals available means that less equipment ends up in the e-waste pile. Much of what I see at the local recyclers would be repairable if manuals and parts were available.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

You aren't paying attention, Jeff. I am now 100% disabled, and very rarely need a manual. (Like one in the last 10 years). If I don't find one, I no longer care because I am only repairing things to kill time, till it kills me.

I never said there were no good techs left. I said that a lot of the names that used to offer advice are gone. They either no longer read the group, lurk, or have died. Its not the group it used to be, and there are a hell of a lot more trolls and posers than there used to be.

I've worked with enough half assed techs over the past 40 years that I really don't care about their feelings anymore. I got sick of morons who bragged about how stupid they are, like one who claimed to work in a TV shop for over four years before he fired the first TV without help from the other techs. If someone wants to do a job right, I offer help. If they want to use duct tape, baling wire or WD-40, they are on their own.

I am in pain 24/7 and really don't have the patience to coddle what we used to call 'butchers', because their work looked like it was done with a meat cleaver and blow torch. They would make things worse, then charge a lot of money before they let someone have their equipment back, then it would end up in one of the old line shops.

I have over 100 names filtered on various newsgroups, and some have over half the messages marked as read before I see them. A lot are entire cross posted newsgroups that do nothing but bring cross posted off topic garbage to a group. Some NNTP servers are filtered, as well.

Do you have time to repair all of it? I know I don't, and my failing eyesight makes me much more selective in what I'll tackle these days. As far as parts, I have a garage full of parts left from when I was in business, that will end up in a landfill one day, along with a construction dumpster full of data books and service manuals no one wants. Your priorities change after being reduced to one barely usable eye for over half a year. I was considering selling my house & truck to move into a VFW retirement home before it started to improve.

Michael A. Terrell