Service manuals and schematics

Want to Fix Something?

FredFarkle

There are *so* many places on the internet you can download manuals for free.

There are other sites that offer good scans of rare manuals at a fair price paid for their effort.

Then there are sites that once their owners having downloaded the free manuals, offer them for sale at stupid prices...

Which one are you?

--
Adrian C
Reply to

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:43:42 -0400, FredFarkle wrote (in article ):

Pretty slim pickings.

--
Nelson
Reply to

World's biggest collection of service manuals and schematic diagrams for home and car entertainment equipment, office & home appliances and more.

TV - LCD - Plasma - Monitor - VCR - CD - DVD - BluRay - Camcorder - Receiver - Amplifier Camera - Hi-Fi, Home cinema, Car audio/video, Printer, Projector, GSM / Cellular phone, Airconditioner,...

Reply to
swiwer

TV - LCD - Plasma - Monitor - VCR - CD - DVD - BluRay - Camcorder - Receiver - Amplifier Camera - Hi-Fi, Home cinema, Car audio/video, Printer, Projector, GSM / Cellular phone, Airconditioner,...

swiwer

No address, no phone, notorious spammer: What a character to pay before delivery :-).

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

Hehe, well you're obviously not a member of our "target audience". We're here for repair technicians in need of service manuals and schematic diagrams, not for people who complain before even buying something. :-) By the way, good luck finding a store where you take the goods home (or load them to your PC) before you pay for them. :-) Internet shopping doesn't work like that I'm affraid. You're probably more used to watching stuff than buying it. You are of course welcome to do that on

We're adding new service manuals and schematic diagrams regulaly so you will never run out of things to look at. :-)

Reply to
swiwer

Here are a few random freebies, courtesy of

Service manual and schematic diagram samples:

swiwer

Pretty pathetic collection. You don't even list the BRAND of TV I need a schematic for. And looking at your Mitsubishi listing, you don't have any schematics for their wide screen sets.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

There were times, when electronic appliances were shipped with schematics, unbelievable, huh ? But those times are gone, nowadays companies want to earn money with every little tiny piece they can sell you, and even it's just a rubber-belt that lists at 30 dollars. Sorry, but I am really p****d by todays so-called customer-service.

Seriously, why do companies like Sony have to charge customers money for schematics of equipment thats older than 20 years. I don't think there is any danger of stealing intellectual property. IMHO such manuals should be available for free as PDF-files on the company-websites, some do it, for example IBM, Funai and Harman Kardon. Why is it so difficult for others to follow ?

Ah, and btw: Here you get *real* manuals for free, not just some buy-me-baits.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz

Forgot the URL:

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz

Actually, that would probably be because a service manual for your pathetic noname TV set doesn't even exist. :-) And how do you know about the Mitsubishi set since you never even asked or put in a request? Not that I'm asking YOU to do it. In fact, please don't. :-)

Reply to
swiwer

To be honest, eserviceinfo.com only LOOKS nice. But in fact, when you try to get a service manual off there you frequently find out the manuals/files are either fake, badly stripped, unreadable or otherwise completely useless. That's because they can't have any quality control in place for obvious reasons. On the other side,

offers only first class, full size service manuals and schematics with a much bigger database and a chance of obtaining the manual using the request form or browsing the FTP.

swiwer

Was it a Magnavox? GE? Fujitsu? Okay, I'm fishing now.

But I have always had very little success getting service manuals on sites like these. I usually have better luck just asking here. Or on eBay. And, I agree that you need to get a closer look at it first. I've gotten "service manuals" that were missing half the pages from sites like this.

Maybe you can put a low-res version of every manual on the site for free browsing?

Reply to
Fox

That is true of eserviceinfo.com the sysop there is pretty much MIA so noone checks the files. Now if you really want qaulity manuals, come to

and take advantage of the special buy one get one free special offer valid during April 2009

Reply to
MrManuals

Jeeeeze, what a moron. Why do you make such a fuss here, if you then don't want him to try you out. Fits my warnings of characters like you :-).

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

Missing pages from service manuals from unprofessional sources is a common occurrance. As with most electronic media there are two layers. Same with service manuals and schematics. There's the "public" collection that got spread on the net and pretty much all service manual paysites sell those same files. The problem is that those files are not checked or sorted so there's lots of fakes, missing stuff etc. That's what you probably got. Then there's

website which has it's own private source of service manuals and schematic diagrams directly from the manufacturers. These manuals are the real deal, complete, not fake and clearly readable. However (with a fat H), I can confirm that sometimes even service manuals which come directly from the manufacturer's service centers are incomplete and lack the schematic diagram. I have also seen unreadable schematics in some official service manuals. But luckily those are rather rare and
always checks and marks those manuals accordingly so you always know what you're gonna get before you buy.

I hope this helped clear it out a bit as far as service manuals sites go.

Regards,

swiwer

We really don't want characters like you or him even near us, that's why. You can go troll on some forums instead. :-)

Reply to
swiwer

How kind of you to propose that I should do the same as you: Troll on forums :-).

How simple it would be, to put your address onto your website, so I could send over the sheriff if you did something irregular, which you swear is not what you plan to do anyway. If you cannot do a thing thus simple, how should we believe you were able to put together a complete copy of a schematic?

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

The .me top level domain is one used by con artists and theives, since you can't do a DNS lookup to find the owner.

Run away from this asshole, and any other that you can't do a Whois lookup.

BTW, the only way to contact the .me top level domain is by email: snipped-for-privacy@afilias-nst.info which is another sign that nothing is as claimed.

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com is posting from Slovenia, wich is another red flag.

IP address: 84.255.253.97 Reverse DNS: 84-255-253-97.static.t-2.net. Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified] ASN: 34779 ASN Name: T-2-AS (AS set propagated by T-2, d.o.o.) IP range connectivity: 2 Registrar (per ASN): RIPE Country (per IP registrar): SI [Slovenia] Country Currency: Unknown Country IP Range: 84.255.192.0 to 84.255.255.255 Country fraud profile: High City (per outside source): Ljubljana, Bohinj Country (per outside source): SI [Slovenia] Private (internal) IP? No IP address registrar: whois.ripe.net Known Proxy? No Link for WHOIS: 84.255.253.97

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to