Magnavox 27MS343S

I have a Magnavox 27MS343S which has a horiz. line & keeps blowing the R431 resister which I forgot the value of. I don't hear any sound & when I push the power button it comes back on. Any ideas? Does anyone know if there is motherboard available for this? If you experts think I should just junk it then so be it. Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

R431 1ohm fusable 2 W, , Check D431, C432,, and probably the vert IC. Charlie

R431

Reply to
Charlie East

D431 is shorted. I take it this a FR104 or NTE552 replacement. Is there any other replacements? Would you also please tell me the vert IC number or something like IC801 so I can find it on the board. Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Vert chip is IC301, Its probably shorted to, Charlie

any

Reply to
Charlie East

One last question I hope about this. I pulled the IC301. Is there a way to check any of the 7 pins for shorts with an ohm meter? I tried a few of them & didn't find any shorts. It is very hard to read the IC, but it looks like it is a TA8427K (NTE7158).

Is D431 an FR104? I have a lot of diodes. Is this a special diode or is there a common replacement?

Thanks, Jim (When one lives in the woods of Maine one has to rely on the internet for answers.)

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Art

My schematic shows vert IC TDA8427K and the diode a FR105, Dont have a data sheet on the chip, Looks like pin 6 is Vcc, and pin 1 gnd, Its probably not expensive, just replace it, Some caps to check, C303,306,309,311. Good luck, hope this helps Charlie

them

like

Reply to
Charlie East

Charlie, Thanks loads for your help. I have tried to find the NAP site. I must be missing something here. Would you please send me a link or tell me more about NAP.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Reply to