Sansui QRX5500 receiver protection circuit problem

This is my own receiver. For the past couple of months I've started to noti ce that the time it was taking for the protection relay to activate was len gthening from around three seconds to a bit longer. Then recently the time has lengthened again only this time it seems exponentially. Yesterday after switching on the receiver I counted 82 seconds before the relay tripped an d I got sound out. The sound was fine when I did.

I need to pull this out of the entertainment center to check it over so it will be a few days before I actually get to this but I wanted to run this by the group first for ideas. I'm thinking perhaps dried up cap or changed resistor somewhere but that's just a guess. I know that at least part of wh at this circuit does is look for DC on the output but I don't really unders tand exactly how that works and what that circuit is or how it's looking at that so if someone could please explain it to me I would be very grateful. Thanks. Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462009

Lenny,

It is probably that C06 33uf 50 volts has dried up. Hope this helps. Chuck

Chuck

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 4:59:07 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

tice that the time it was taking for the protection relay to activate was l engthening from around three seconds to a bit longer. Then recently the tim e has lengthened again only this time it seems exponentially. Yesterday aft er switching on the receiver I counted 82 seconds before the relay tripped and I got sound out. The sound was fine when I did.

it will be a few days before I actually get to this but I wanted to run thi s by the group first for ideas. I'm thinking perhaps dried up cap or change d resistor somewhere but that's just a guess. I know that at least part of what this circuit does is look for DC on the output but I don't really unde rstand exactly how that works and what that circuit is or how it's looking at that so if someone could please explain it to me I would be very gratefu l. Thanks. Lenny.

Thanks Chuck. I'll look for that. Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009

You are welcome. I noticed you also posted to the Yahoo tv repair group. As Gervais M also suggested, the cap I mentioned is in the protection circuit.

Chuck