Samsung SyncMaster 500b doesn't power up

My daughter's Samsung SyncMaster 500b doesn't power up today, after working flawlessly since it was manufactured in May, 1997.

I took the cover off, found the AC fuse intact, no arcing, no deformed or leaking caps, or any other visible evidence of the problem.

It's not worth paying a pro to look at, but if it's likely to be a known problem I can diagnose with my DVM and/or scope, and fix inexpensively, please do tell - before I toss it.

TIA

Sunny

Reply to
Sunny