SAMSUNG Power problem LN40A530

Hi having a SAMSUNG LN40A530P1 television that takes very long time to get an image /sound.

After checking the capacitors on the power supply board , there is no "pop-up" on the top and they all mesured good (value & ESR).

I check on the web and many people are talking about the 1000uF/10V that are border line , should be rate at 16V instead of 10V but again , they seem to be good.

Any idea ?

Reply to
benitos

GIven the smal cost of the replacements, I would change them anyway. Keep in mind that parts can test fine when not under load. Use 16V caps rather than the 10V ones too.

Dan

Reply to
abrsvc

has the set always been slow?

Reply to
hrhofmann

no , it's getting worst with time

Reply to
benitos

It may not be a problem with the power supply itself. Most TVs have a mixture of LDO analog and bucking (PWM) regulators on the main board. This might be a bad LDO regulator, but it's far more likely that it's a bad cap on the output of a bucking regulator.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

Are you talking about the board with all the input RCA jacks , doesn`t seem to have any caps on this board.

Or is it the board with all the connections for the LAMP .

On this unit , there are the power supply , input and inverter board.

Thanks

Reply to
benitos

Believe me, there are caps on the main board, and voltage regulators. You may not recognize them, but they are there.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

Main board means where all the inputs are (HDMI , RCA , etc...) ?

Reply to
benitos