Samsung 204BW LCD Power Board Problem

I'm trying to repair a Samsung 204BW 20" LCD monitor. The blue power LED just flashes quickly when power is applied, it won't turn on. Upon further inspection, there appear to be some electrolytics bulging on the power supply board (C111, C112, C114). Resistor R113 appears to have sustained damage as well, but I cannot tell its value for certain. The board itself is model IP-43130A. I'm curious if there are any common failure modes for this board.

If anyone has a schematic/service documents or other troubleshooting suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris R

I am also trying to repair the same monitor and my symptoms appear to be the same...blue LED flashing. My C111, C112 & C114 appear fine with some slight bulging at the silver tops but no electrolytic fluid is showing at the top or bottom. In comparison, my C316 & C317, which are the same capacitors as the other 3, are flat and are not bulging. The CAUTION print box to the left of C317 talks about fuse F101 and I'd like to check it but I can't find it. It shows on the board that it should be right behind the power cord input but I don't see a fuse of any kind. I will continue searching for a resolution and if I find anything helpful, I'll let you know...Please do the same for me. You can email me directly at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. Thanks much! -Matt

Reply to
ornster

I have the same board in my Samsung LCD. I think I have dirty power at my new house which blew it. One of my capacitors seemed to blow too (C316). There is also a high pitch whine that is comming out if it which is usually caused by a blown transformer. I'm currently seeking a solution for it whether it is buying a new board or trying to fix the one I have. If you get any leads, please let me know and I'll do the same. Thanks!

Reply to
Brian

Fuse F101 is right next to the power adapter port. It is small, round, and brown.

Reply to
Brian