SAMSUNG DVD-E157F

I have a samsung DVD player with an odd affliction, it plays DVD5 (4.71G) disks but displays graphic blocks,and eventually (about 30 secs into play) freezes on other disks.

I initially thought it was the optical head, but am now inclined to suspect the RAM.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem.

Thank you,

Reply to
McGyver

More likely the laser pickup. Fairly common for a failing one to still play single-layer but have problems on dual layer discs.

I'm not an engineer but in my (limited) experience with RAM problems on DVD players, I've seen the opening menus come up then freeze when you go the play the disc.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias