RGB Mod in Panasonic CTP-2780SF

Anyone ever do one of these to a CRT?

Seems like the set has this jungle IC which will be where the RGB lines for the OSD are needed for the mod:

Am not sure what the line would be that tells the chip to turn the OSD on. Apparently there is a line if its 1 volt or more, it activates the OSD, if zero its normal video.

I watched this video to learn more:

I guess the blanking pin has to get about 1 Volt on it somehow, he uses a switch with a voltage divider and thats what tells the IC to switch mode so the RGB input to the chip for the OSD gets activated. But thats for Sony, not sure about Panasonics design.

He says there must be a sync line tapped into which is bought out to the rear of the set, with the (3) RGB lines / jacks but not sure where that would be tapped into?

I am gonna use BNC jacks, not the scart connector. I do have the SM for the set, its a SAMS photofact. Any ideas out there?

Reply to
UFO