Replacing Unknown Transistor

This may sound like a tough question, but it probably isn't. The unit in question is an Infiniti SM785 monitor (17", 1996). I acquired this years ago and obviously attempted a repair, because I left a large TO-3P transistor (Q604) removed from the circuit, and of course it is long-since lost. Funny thing is, it's not the horizontal output. Doesn't seem to be a pincushion amp either, because the monitor will not start without it - a regulator of some sort maybe?. Anyway, there were several smaller blown transistors nearby, so I replaced them and then attempted to take a guess on the missing TO-3P. The only one that allowed the monitor to power and work normally was an NTE2324, however I only left it on for a few seconds because I didn't want to risk damaging anything. Does anyone know what the function of that transistor is, and what would probably make a good sub?

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address
Reply to

The key is the area where its at. Whats ahead of it? Whats behind it? what power is around it when its not in circuit? I will take a wild guess that its a voltage regulator. Probably series pass. Be looking for filter caps, around the device for clues.

Bob

Bob Urz

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:46:18 GMT, "Chris F." put finger to keyboard and composed:

Could it be involved in high voltage regulation? Does it drive a coil? Does it switch the B+ ? Does it get its base drive from an IC? If so, then the IC's datasheet may tell you its function.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Silly me... I found the original transistor taped to the neck of the CRT, I guess I had planned to look at it again someday. It crossed to an NTE

2365....
Reply to
Chris F.