Repairfaq site

Is anybody else having problems getting into the "Repairfaq" site? My connection is refused at "drexel.edu". Thanks---Bill B

Reply to
Bill B

Okay, I just tried it, and there seems to be a lookup issue, since it doesn't connect to the site, but my browser then adds a .com so it goes to

which of course is a nonsense URL.

The whois on it says the registration is still valid for a few years.

Sam has been saying there have been issues of too much traffic, but while it seemed at one point to be a sudden blip, it now seems to be an ongoing issue. At least, his sig continues to be:

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- And I now see the .edu site gives a "can't connect to remote site" error.

There are mirrors, though I don't know what they are.

Maybe you can extract things by doing a websearch on what you specifically want, and grabbing the cached version of the pertinent pages from a web search engine.

It's 16:58 EDT on Saturday.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

There is some problem with the server at Drexel. It has nothing to do with repairfaq but the computer appears to be down or in a funny state.

Currently, any links to repairfaq.org get redirected to Drexel.

You can use the UPenn site in the meantime:

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Thanks for the info-----the upenn site did the trick. Bill B

Reply to