Repair of 2 USA "Compass" metal detectors of 1976 and 1978

Is there a frequented metal-detecting usenet group?

I've been asked to repair 2 old detectors The 1976 "Yukon 77B" I've repaired but if anyone knows more about the 2 National Semiconductor 8 pin DIL custom? chips marked 274 0-004 and 624

0-001 I would be interested.

The 1978 "Coin Magnum" seems to be vaguely working in the opposite sense to how i'd expect , does anyone one have normal operation guide or any technical details before I delve in deeper , at least it uses industry standard chippery. Anyone know what the central lump covered in vacuum moulded cover is hiding?

N Cook