Measurement of the absolute value of the complex impedance using scalar detectors

Hello friends,

Can somone give me some info about:

Measurement of the absolute value of the complex impedance using scalar detectors. I mean detectors which can measure magnitude/power/RMS but not phase of the sine wave.

Thank you! admin

Reply to
admin

Search on Six-Port Calibration techniques, a la

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Dear Glenn,

Thank you for the replay.

I know about six port reflectometer.

I was wondering is there simpler configuration which is able to provide me with the magnitude of the complex impedance of the DUT directly. I was tring to derive it using 2 scalar detectors but without success. Probably can be done with 3 detectors?

The six port reflectometer uses 4 scalar detectors and we got the complex impedance as a result(active and reactive parts)

Thank you in advance! Admin

Reply to
admin