Repair Nintendo 64?

Hi,

I plugged a controller into my 64 tonight, the console was turned on and had a game in it, and the audio went "Sssshhhh" for about a half second.. then nothing. The light on the console is on, but I get a black screen and nothing else.

Anyone know how to deal with this? I figure it must be a bad controller, the console has worked fine 'till this, but I can't imagine how a bad controller could kill the thing.

Many thanks for any help I can get on this subject,

John

Reply to
JohnM

Hello john

Try cleaning the cartridge and the cartridge slot. I have fixed these things for years. I am opening up a parts shop on the web.

Check it out. Please tell others.

If this doesn't fix the problem. I will be glad to repair it for you. This will include cleaning of all games and replacement of anything that went bad for $25.00. Nintendo charges $60.00 for the same service. I use the same techniques as they do. Let me know what's going on.

Reply to
robierobot

This is the second one that's died on me, I can't imagine a bad controller could kill a console but that's sure what it looks like.

Re; cleaning the cartridge, this cartridge was in and the game was turned on, I just plugged a control in and the thing died. There's certainly nothing wrong with cleaning the thing, but I'm pretty certain that's not the problem here.

I'd gladly accept any more advice you have, I'd like to get this working.

John

Reply to
JohnM