vista 64 bits

hi Xilinx,

i had a look at ISE 9.2 today. It's supporting Vista 32 bits.

When should we have a Vista 64 bits support ?

regards

Reply to
christophe ALEXANDRE

Hi Christophe,

Been using ISE9.1 with Vista Ultimate x64 for the last few months. Compiles my projects without any problem.

Only problem I've had is the non-signed parallel/usb drivers from Xilinx won't install with the final release versions of Vista X64, since you can no longer disable the driver-signing checks as you could with the pre-release versions of Vista(AFAIK).

Programming files are saved to a network shared directory, and another machine running XPhome is used to actually program the hardware. Cumbersome, but the machine running vista is considerably higher spec, and compiles projects in a third of the time as the old XP box.

Come on Xilinx. **PLEASE** release some signed hardware drivers!! Ditto Altera.......

Red

Reply to
RedskullDC

Come on Microsoft, let the user do what they want with their _own_ hardware.

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Unlikely to happen, since Microsoft is trying to be Hollywood's best friend in the lets-screw-the-user game.

-hpa

Reply to
H. Peter Anvin

Thanks for your answer, i take note that 32 bits ISE runs under vista 64 bits.

But my original question was of course a 64 bits ISE version running on Vista 64 bits. The goal is to break the 3 GB memory limit.

Reply to
christophe ALEXANDRE