removing cleaner/degreaser discoloration?

Hi,

I had to spray into the pots and slide switches of a portable and a clock radio as they were getting mighty scratchy and cutting out when adjusting volume. Of course, some leaked onto the outside plastic case around the controls, leaving a small area of foggy whitish on the black case. I noticed wiping the area with a damp cloth restores the color for about 5 seconds, and then back to the foggy white when the water evaporates. What can I use to safely remove the foggy residue. I used Tech Spray Envi-ro-tech 1677. Strange it looks OK when it looks wet. Thanks much.

Reply to
dke3591

You may have removed the topmost layer, possibly a light polish with something like T-Cut (car paint restorer) or whatever the US equivelent is would help

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Auto polish ?

Should have used 1667

greg

Reply to
GregS

Oil. Any kind will work, but I use olive oil. A very, very, very light coating is all you need.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Thanks everyone,

I tried the olive oil so far seems to help somewhat, but I'll probably try one if the other options also.

Reply to
dke3591

Oils dry out. By using a wax that melts the surface like car wax, it pretty much stays the same for a long time. They also have Plexaglass counpound which is much the same.

greg

Reply to
GregS