remove CRT monitor cover?

I have two Dell E770s monitors. One has a less-than-crisp display, the other just had what sounded like a capacitor flameout. It still works, but I don't exactly trust it. I'd like to cannibalize these two, to get one working unit.

The monitor cover seems to be mostly snapped on. I found two screws in the lower front, and what looks like some sort of latch releases in the same area. I don't see how these operate, and I kind of doubt they'll release the whole thing anyway.

Any clues about how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

Carefully go over it delicately, then build up more aggression. Not familiar with specific model. Get different sized screwdrivers !!

Greg

Reply to
gregz

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:16:00 -0500, George put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here is a service manual:

If there is an FCC ID on the back cover, try the FCC database:

Sometimes there will be photographs of the disassembled unit.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks. It just has the "Tested to comply with FCC standards" statement. ... BUT, I found the manual ($2), at 'SR Manuals',

George

Reply to
George

Yes, the way it's done. It's the same thing I had to do to get my

4-year old away from his cookies.
Reply to
micky

micky kom med følgende:

The prying or the shaking?

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.