Bob Gray

No.

--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Bob: While "meatplow's" reply to your posting was rather blunt and direct, his assessment is absolutely correct... this is not something you are going to be able to repair yourself given the information in your original posting. If you want, you can do some more research by going to the website for this newsgroup at

there, with some search time you will find a lot of relevant repair and SAFETY information that will most certainly confirm the probability that this is not a home DIY repair. It may be time to take it to a shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate or replace the monitor. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

- - - - - - - -

amount

Reply to
Sofie

He asked a question that could be answered in one word. If he wanted to know why the answer was no, I might have elaborated if I had the chance to do so before someone else chimed in.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

this is usenet. Nobody has the right to reserve a thread here.

And should add that now it may not need more than having some solder joints touched up joints. But if you let it go on like this, more serious problems may occur.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Next time you post, do it when you're sober.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

this

Meat Plow (I wonder how you came up with that handle) Do you try to be a cynical, rude, SOB, or does it come naturally. In this short thread, you have been: brutally direct with 'Bob Gray' caustic with 'Sofie' and cynical with 'b' Why don't you sweeten up a little. After I said this I am more than certain we will all see your true nature come out with your reply to this posting of mine. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

posting.

this

Meat Plow is the name of a song by a favorite rock band of mine

Let's see, you thought you would be witty at my expense with a well known "does it come naturally" wise crack like that. It's immensely hypocritical of you to call me a Son Of A Bitch and in the same breath preach to me about being cynical or rude. I should stop right here because you just blew any credibility you might of had right out of the water but I will continue and try to address the issues cite.

b made an idiotic comment that I was somehow trying to "reserve a thread" insinuating that I didn't know how Usenet functions. Fact is I've been posting in various news groups for going on 11 years hence offense was taken at his condescending remark and spawned a bit of cynicism there. If you think answering Bob's question with the word "no" is brutal, then the world is running horribly rampant with brutality because people answer questions with a yes or no all day long all over the world. Tell me had I answered with the word "yes" would that have been brutal too? Are one word answers "brutal"?

Here is my reply to Sofie:

Please list the caustic words or groups of words.

Rule of thumb when interacting with me is that if you are civil with me I will be with you. If you make remarks with the intent to entice me into a scrimmage with you, I will take you up on the offer with glee.

I post every day with my "true nature" as you so condescendingly put it. If you can't handle it then just don't read my posts. If you can't force yourself to not read my posts then filter them so you don't even see my headers.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

If you have to ask that then no. But learning how to be safe in there isnt hard, and the fault is fairly likely to be no more than a broken solder connection on the power supply, which would be very repairable.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Next time you post, leave that stupid and rude attitude behind. (Incidentally, owing to kidney trouble, I don't drink)

his

going to

posting.

this

Listen pal. You got all shirty because someone else 'chimed in' as you put it, as if that were some private conversation. I repeat - this is usenet. If you feel hard done to when others join in to a thread, then your understanding of how this thing works is as limited as your capacity for good manners. Keep a civil tongue in your head next time.

-B.

his

going to

posting.

this

Listen pal. You got all shirty because someone else 'chimed in' as you put it, as if that were some private conversation. I repeat - this is usenet. If you feel hard done to when others join in to a thread, then your understanding of how this thing works is as limited as your capacity for good manners. Keep a civil tongue in your head next time.

-B.

his

going to

posting.

for this

Once again I'm getting a lecture on how Usenet "works" from a condescending nitwit who doesn't know me from a hole in the ground and can only make ASSumtions about my "capacity". My posting history dates back to 1997, 10 years is plenty of time. You misunderstood what you read and now backpedal to save some face. Don't nanny me on my tongue or manners, I don't take kindly to pontificating pricks like you. You don't like what you're reading, then don't read it. Trust me I won't lose one nano-second of sleep if you never read another post of mine.

Reply to
Meat Plow

his

going to

posting.

this

Listen pal. You got all shirty because someone else 'chimed in' as you put it, as if that were some private conversation. I repeat - this is usenet. If you feel hard done to when others join in to a thread, then your understanding of how this thing works is as limited as your capacity for good manners. Keep a civil tongue in your head next time.

-B

direct, his

going to

posting.

for this

chance

la cita -

Once again, we're getting treated to the joys of an emotionally immature, foul mouthed poster with an inferiority complex, who feels the sad need to justify his obnoxious posts with the meaningless 'fact' of having spent the last decade posting (quantity rather than quality, judging by his recent rants). Meat Plow: Nobody here would miss your bile filled responses. Back out of this now whilst you still can without losing more face - by continually spewing out insults, you are merely digging yourself into a hole and undermining any credibility you think you have.

-B.