Relatively pointless question about telephone cords

Here's a real earth shaking inquiry: Over the weekend, my wife & I went to see the film "Capote". It's about the period over which Truman Capote wrote his famous book "In Cold Blood", from 1959 to about 1965. In one early scene (probably about 1962, if not earlier), Capote is shown using a dial telephone. The camera angle was upward toward the actor's face, and the cord leading to the receiver is clearly of the flat, modular "click-in" design. My memory leads me to believe that such cords came about later, maybe as late as the 1970's. Anyone know the answer to this trivia?

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Wikipedia is your friend.

The article says that the modular cords were patented and came into common use in the mid 70's.

Jerry

Reply to
jerry_maple

Yes :-)