Recasting a broken small nylon gear with a quarter of it missing ?

How could you cast a mold for a gear that has a quarter of it missing. It is plastic gear for a a printers fuser in a micro film reader. Part of the circle with the gear teeth is missing.

Thanks EdDatafix

Reply to
EdDataFix

Are you sure you can't locate a replacement gear?:

Sofa Slug

You don't need a mold, just contact your local 3D printing shop. I don't know how spendy a one-off would be, though.

Reply to
Smitty Two

I already tried the MicroFilm site and Elvis only had the whole assy. for around hundred. I think I found the gear only, on Ebay. I didn't have the gear /small parts web sites. Look interesting .

Thanks EdDataFix

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Thanks =A0EdDatafix

Reply to
EdDataFix