Re: Stereo Scoundcard Oscilloscope

Windows Stereo Scoundcard Oscilloscope, Mutiple Inputs Modes, Mixer

> Controls, Single/Dual Trace, Man/AutoGain, Color Settings, Trigger > Settings, AC/DC, Hortz/Vert Settings, Revearsable Chan Input, DB/Volt > Input, Plus many More, Using the sound cards line input jacks with IC > freq dividers, scope may be used as a regular Low Freq Oscilloscope. > Sent email attached to pAypal buyers for instant delivery, Low Cost > $9.95, Link provided for buyers via email, email me for GUI image, > snipped-for-privacy@aol.com..

Do you compare your GUI and performance to Bob Masta's Daqarta?

[note, not associated with, nor gain benefit from]

Bob Masta DAQARTA v7.50 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI FREE Signal Generator, DaqMusiq generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
RobertMacy

The one interesting feature is "AC/DC". Beats everything.

Cheers!

Reply to
c4urs11

The other nice feature is that Bob doesn't SPAM usenet, unlike Scott who has been a busy little spammer over the last week, in multiple groups.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

ok, I'll bite. How do you do AC/DC on a soundcard for $9.95?

Reply to
RobertMacy

That was a tongue-in-cheek comment. Soundcards don't process DC.

Cheers!

Reply to
c4urs11

Method 1. DealExtreme was selling USB sound dongles for under 3 bucks, jump the caps and set the offset in software..

Method 2. Which is what I have done before.

Data flip flop with Q/ back to D via a R divider. Sound output on one of the channels plus Zener shunt on the clk input for the PWM set at some high freq rate. Perform Pm detection... The input is at the Data input network, you are simply modulating the PWM and output (Q) is doing input to the sound card. etc..

I made a Data logger using method two, for monitoring DC and variations. Of course, I alway wrote the software for it...

For any one thinking about doing this via a D-FF, you may want to consider using a comparator at the D input, the threshold tends to drift a bit over temperature ranges..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

dave

My (modified) sound card works to DC:

Or, build a chopper amp: (I haven't tried this).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Using a USB soundcard with modifications looks tempting. Just needs a bit of attention, as there is no protection against negative input levels. Can be nice to have around for monitoring logic signals.

Cheers!

Reply to
c4urs11

Do you all really believe there is a DC blocking capacitor INSIDE the soundchip ?

Really ?

Reply to
jurb6006

I don't. I can repair dual rail guitar amps and get 0.0 VDC at point X.

Reply to
dave

The point/question kinda is, if you fed the pin of the IC directly, would it register DC ? Possibly not, it may be designed to ignore DC, software wise or otherwise.

IF however, it is just a matter of a cap, you could concievable jump it out.

It may or may not work, that is the question, would it ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Most if not all have a cap on the input. The chip does not have a blocking cap! That is blatantly obvious.. It's the circuit that leads up to the input of the IC.

And the reason you ask for this? couple of reasons, first the IC's input for the most part can't sit at 0 volts, unless you have a high end unit using dual rails, and I don't see that happening.

So you need a DC blocking cap for that any way, but another very important reason there is a DC blocker is due to the fact that many sound cards have a low current DC present at the tip of the input so that you can power up a small microphone and that simply gets modulated via this DC current. So you can see the reason the CAP would be needed here too.

When removing or jumping the cap you need to make previsions to handle input offset problems and the DC supply for the external mic.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

That's what I figured.

If it had a JFET input though it technically could...

Reply to
jurb6006