RCA PTK195 Chassis

I have run into about 4 or 5 sets with this problem. Set will work for from 30 min to an hour or more, then a black bar comes into center of picture & spreads vertically untill screen is blanked completely out (black) Cooling the T chip will restore picture, even puting finger to body of chip will correct problem a short while. I have been unable to locate the problem. I just put a small computer fan blowing down on the T Chip & seems to be fine. Has any one run into this if so HELP I sent one to a chassis rebuilder (TWICE) for repair the second time it worked after a 2 month wait. It came back with (NO PROBLEM FOUND) but it worked & as far as I know it is still working

Reply to
cgrob

Model Number please .

Reply to
kip

ALL PTK195 are the same P52820BL

Reply to
cgrob

Look for Glycol leaking from CRT,s onto board around the Micro and Eprom also the chipper checker socket I have done plenty of those caused by leaking Glycol. If you have to remove all three and make sure as if it gets under chipper socket ..this you cannot see without removing. It also can get under eprom...

Reply to
kip

That was one of the 1st things I checked. This is a tempature related problem possiably caused a incorrect voltage, causing T Chip to run hoter than normal. The 1st one I got in I even changed thr T Chip to no avail. Glueing a heat sync helps but not a cure (on T Chip) However a small computer power supply fan will keep it cool enough. Another shop in town tried this several months ago & set has not been back. I appreciate any suggestions I can get on this

Reply to
cgrob