RCA TV chassis 156B bad luminance drive

Set is a 19" F20550AKF01 model.

It was intermittent at first but now the picture has mostly disappeared, much like the contrast and brightness being turned all the way down. Running the contrast and brightness all the way up produces a dim washed out picture. This is with either an external video input or the tuner output. Traced everything through, all ps voltages are ok, sweeps are normal, and on-screen menus display normally. The only thing that appears somewhat abnormal is the base drive to the luminance buffer Q2901 coming from U1001 pin 13. I don't see any electrolytic caps that might be a problem, and given the nature of the failure thought maybe was just a bad joint somewhere so I've been all over U1001 and the parts in the luminance drive to reheat joints, no joy so far. Did I just miss one maybe or is U1001 in the process of going belly up? All inputs to this part look good.

Regards,

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sutherland