RCA P # 205064 HV Tripler.

RCA keeps pushing back their availability date on this part! Does anyone know where to get these parts for less than $ 180.00 US??? Dani.

Reply to
Dani

Doubt if you'll ever see an OEM again. I've had good luck with the

20.00 Chinese knockoff that's been sold for awhile. But, if you don't want those, HR Diemen is now putting out one that techs are saying good things about. You can check here for price and availability.
I've never used that one personally.

Tech Data

Asti Magnetics. You have to use their supplied collets for the wires and probably discard the little O rings. You also must solder the wires to the HV feedback because they are stranded.

We are working with them to get a suitable replacement for the Zenith A17196 as well. There are still serious problems with the connectors but once in they do work.

Their 204809s also seem to be holding up now.

My boss has developed a repoire with Henry, and we might be guinea pigs from time to time, but like any company, Asti wants to put out an effective product, and so do we.

The biggest problem is someone is going to have to grind the molds for the A17196 knockoffs. The 205064 is good enough now, as is the 204809. Thing is there are alot of these sets out there, so it is worth pursuing.

Now, I must say this, the flybacks for the newer HDTV Sony is not good enough. There seems to be a problem with core saturation or something, the HV will not regulate properly. This will be the next subject for a powow. He (Henry) says they do not make these things, so they may well be coming from HR Diemen, but apparently he talks to whoever is making them, and we talk to him.

At least it is something, you can return defective parts all day long and never get a good one if the feedback is not there. We are the feedback now.

Wherever these parts are made we at least have a way to communicate :-)

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

But, if you don't

Everything I've ever used from Diemen has been perfect. I use their Zenith -15 flybacks in the 1674 boards. They run cool like the OEMS did (Chinese ones run HOT), and don't cause shutdown on high brightness like the Chinese ones do, so they don't require fudging the feedback.

If the Diemen 205064s are easy to connect the HV wires to, I'll definiely use them.

John

Reply to
John-Del

Our next step is a 1674 based Zenith, I have tried two or three cheapo flys in it and they blow the HOT, and I mean they blow a 2SC5150. If they run long enough I can see they ring at about 8 uS. There were a few that rang at about 11 uS and I padded them. My fingers are still crossed.

IMO, if they ring less than 10 uS they will not be reliable.Not that anything is anyway.

BTW, I dunno if you saw, I got a fix for the piecrusting when using a cheapo 239111, you put a 10K resistor to ground from pin 25 of the LA7610. Similar procedure for the 7612 but I don't have it in front of me. Had to do this to save some nice 32" sets.

Pretty much a shame, once just about get the 17196s and the -15s straightened out the tubes will probably start going bad en masse. we are just getting into this with the CTC169s, although I have seen bad tubes in a CTC195 too. PTK that is.

Thing is we live in a time where we are going to see very little support from the OEMs, and the sheeeple will keep buying new. We will eventually lose, and that is why I work for someone else, an older guy. When he retires I do not come with the place. I will do something else.

For now we need the words "Your set is fixed".

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly