Location of large TV

I am considering putting a 60" Hitachi LCD projection TV in front of a forced hot air heating register but am concerned about the heat given off by the register. The house temp is usually kept at 65 to 67 degrees and, of course, this would only be a problem in the heating months (I'm in the Northeast). The TV is not enclosed but is raised about 20" on a cabinet. Should I be concerned about the location? Thanks,

George

Reply to
georgep

Mike Berger

Northeast? Australia perhaps? It's pretty hot all year round there! Northeast Russia OTOH is freezing in the winter ;-)

Seriously, I'm with Mike on this, subjecting a heat-generating appliance like a RPTV to more heat is a bad idea. It's very simple- more heat=shorter life, especially for components like electrolytic capacitors and possibly the (very expensive) lamp if it isn't cooled adequately.

If it's hot enough where you wouldn't want to sit there for a prolonged period, it's most likely too hot for your TV.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Reply to