RCA filiament measurement.

Got a ATC113 27" RCA TV, with no filiament. The CRT lights fine on the CRT rejuvinator. How can I measure the filiament from the flyback? It's 15750 khz. I'm getting continuity, but can't get a frequency reading...my meter isn't reading properly on this scale. Can I use a "rectifier" circuit for this? What do you guy use? Dani.

Reply to
Dani

what a sad pathetic loser wanna be tv repairman.

Reply to
Paige D'Winter

what a sad pathetic loser wanna be troll.

Reply to
PeterD

You will need a scope or a lab meter that can read RMS up at that frequency. With the scope, use it in the RMS mode, or simply calculate the RMS from the waveform. This must be done under the load of the CRT heater.

Another solution, is to physicaly trace back the path, and verify all connections, soldering, and any components along the path. If you do not find the fault, then the first method I mentioned is a proper start.

--

Jerry G.

"Dani"  wrote in message
Got a ATC113 27" RCA TV, with no filiament. The CRT lights fine on the
CRT rejuvinator. How can I measure the filiament from the flyback?
It's 15750 khz. I'm getting continuity, but can't
get a frequency reading...my meter isn't reading properly on this
scale. Can I use a "rectifier"
circuit for this? What do you guy use? Dani.
Reply to
Jerry G.

And/or substitute 2 or 3 turns around the flyback core direct to the CRT filament pins and see if it lights up.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: