PTC Thermistor in 11AK19

I need to replace the degaussing posistor on an 11AK19 board, but knowing little about thermistors, I don't know what to buy to replace it. The old one is marked something like

SBC MZ22A03M AC230V

which doesn't tell me anything about the spec that I didn't know already. Grandata.co.uk stock a selection, but again no specs:

PTC96006 PTC96101 PTC96116 PTC96209 PTC96211 PTC96216 PTC96616 PTC96626 PTCJ29P19

Do these numbers mean anything to anyone? Should I just pick a random selection, and see which doesn't blow the fuse? Other posters here have suggested these things are pretty much interchangeable between sets, making me think this shouldn't really be a big deal.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
Joe Kelleher

For what it's worth - I ordered a 96211 on the offchance, and found this was a 3-leg PTC/NTC combination, while I only needed a simple 2-leg PTC device. However, after taking apart the 96211, identifying the PTC disc and putting it in the original thermistor housing, the TV is working again. The discs were about the same thickness, but the new disc is slightly smaller in diameter.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Kelleher

These 2 are equivalent to eachother and by far the most common 3 legged Philips/BC-Components PTC types.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to