Problems with RPTV after lenticular lens replaced. Poor display from angle.

I recently had the lenticular screen replaced on my Toshiba Theaterview

50" RPTV (I believe it is a model TZ50V61) due to a crack. After the replacement I notced that the screne is very shiny and when viewing the TV from an angle the colors are very distorted. This was not the case with the original screen. I did not see the TV myself until after the work was completed (wife handled it while I was at work). It appears form looking at the removed screen that there is a dull and shiny side. Has this screen been installed backwards? Does it matter? The repair shop told me that as long as the rough lines in the screen are on the outide it is properly installed. They also stated it was a factory replacement screen. Does this sound correct? Any help would be appreciated.
Reply to
snowcrash

Most lenticular screens will have ridges on both sides. The front will have black stripes between the ridges. I suspect that they did install the screen backwards.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet