Walmart Lithiums below par

Since I learn alot here, I thought I'd share my anectodal results here.

A few weeks ago I asked opinions about possible lithium battery failure in my atomic watch. Having replaced it twice with NEW ones from Walmart (labeled China), I thought it was reasonable to assume they'd be up to par. It turns out that the current draw of 5000 ma was enough to reset the entire watch when the EL panel was activated. (Quiescent draw was 5 ua). It was only when I replaced it with an Eveready 1620, that everything came back to normal. Bottom line is: Chinese lithiums are a waste of time (at least from Walmart)

Les

Reply to
les
5000 mA? Is that a typo? Isn't that, like, 5 amps?

Anyway, thanks for sharing this info.

Reply to
Mr. Land

les: .... a few more thousand milliamps and you could start your car.... are you certain that you did not slip in some extra zeros?? I can not believe the

5000ma number..... it should be more like 50ma, with 500ma being higher than I would think.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

par.

entire

Walmart)

Reply to
sofie

Ummmm ... is that 5000 uA (microamps) = 5 mA (milliamps)?

Bill ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

les wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey
*********** OOPS !!!!!

I meant 5000 ua ! Thanks for the proof-reading. I wanted to show the magnitude of variance from display state to illumanance state and changed factors by mistake. Thanks.....at least I see people using their brains when reading, unlike me...:)

Les

Reply to
les

Did the WalMart batteries have a brand name?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Nope. just generic. But they offered nothing except this "brand". (house brand?)

Reply to
les